Hitch up your camels and pack up some frankincense and myrrh. Head to the east (side, that is) to pay homage to your priests. Or, at least, enjoy a brief visit with them to celebrate our Parish Feast Day.
Sun. Jan. 3, 2021
St. Stephen Gym/Cafeteria
If possible, we request that families whose last names begin with A-M arrive between 2-3 pm and families whose last names begin with N-Z arrive at 3 pm or later to assist with social distancing.
- This is in place of our previously cancelled “St. Nicholas Shuffle”; all plans subject to change or cancellation in light of the pandemic
- The Epiphany Encounter provides a chance to chat, briefly, with the priests. It is not a chance to visit with others and no refreshments will be served.
- Please enter on the gym side– the entrance nearest the rectory
- We ask all attending to wear a mask covering your nose and mouth the entire time.
- Wait in the designated line with your entire household.
- When it’s your family’s turn, you can exchange masked face-to-masked face holiday and feast day greetings with the priests.
- If possible, bring a clearly labeled photo of your family not wearing masks to help Fr. Eric get to know you.
- Our Zoom meetings remain a wonderful option for getting to know Fr. Eric (without masks!). If you cannot attend or cannot stand in line, we encourage you to go to https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0d4aa8ad2da4f8cf8-meet and schedule your visit today!
- Those attending the “Encounter” are also welcome to schedule a Zoom meeting with Fr. Eric in order to have a longer visit with our new pastor.
If you want to print this , click on EPIPHANY ENCOUNTER
Since many schools are not having in-person classes, we cannot rely on school delays/cancellations for our inclement weather policy. Our new policy, effective immediately, is that if Lucas County is under any Snow Emergency Level (1, 2, or 3) that daily Mass (Monday-Friday) will be cancelled. Mass for Saturday vigil, Sunday morning, or Holy Days of Obligation are only cancelled in event of a Level 3 Emergency, per Diocesan policy. Please go to lucascountyalerts.com if you wish to receive text messages when our county is under a Snow Emergency. Please stay safe and check the weather before venturing out unnecessarily!
Dear Epiphany Family,
Happy (Liturgical/Church) New Year! During this challenging time we have all been waiting for something new. A new Church year is always considered a Year of Grace. Every year, every day, every moment is an opportunity to experience God’s favor, life, love and presence. We wait for the coming of Jesus in a special way during this Advent season so he may come more fully into our lives, not only at Christmas but every day. Please join your parish family for these special opportunities of prayer and worship as often as you can so we can all better welcome Jesus into lives, parish, community and world. He is Emmanuel, “God is with us”, who brings us light and hope in the darkness, and breaks into the messiness of our world and lives, never leaving us. We look forward to seeing you as we encounter Him together.
In Christ, Father Eric
Advent Resources, click to view/print:
Due to COVID, Fr. Eric is exploring unique ways to get to know the people of Epiphany of the Lord.
Sign up for an opportunity for to chat with Fr. Eric during the month of December via Zoom. Meetings are only 15 minutes and are dedicated to providing a chance for your family to get to know our new pastor and he to get to know you. Please pick a time when everyone in your house can gather around the computer!
To sign up for a meeting slot, please go to:
If you have questions, please call the parish office.
Chicken Paprikas Drive-Thru • Pre-Order Dinner
Dear Parishioners & Friends of Epiphany of the Lord Parish,
We invite you to our Epiphany of the Lord/St. Stephen Chicken Paprikas Drive-Thru – Pre-Order Dinner. Featuring our “ world famous” chicken paprikas – on Sunday, November 8, 2020 in the School Hall.
Drive Thru the parking lot entrance from Genesee Street. (signs will be posted) Our dinner will be pre-paid pre-orders only. Pick-up time is between 2 to 5.
Dinner includes: chicken paprikas, stuffed cabbage, coleslaw, and dessert. The price is $15.00.
Please click and fill out this FORM and turn it in the collection basket with cash or check.
We will also be taking orders by phone during our regular business hours during the week from 9 to 4 and we will accept credit card or debit card payments for this dinner. Please call the Epiphany of the Lord Parish Office at 419-698-1519. Thank you for all the ways in which you support our parish, and the deadline for ALL orders will be Tuesday, November 3rd.
Sunday, November 8, 2020 drive-thru pick-up from 2 to 5 pm
Tuesday, November 3 is our deadline for all orders!
Epiphany of the Lord Parish
Epiphany of the Lord Parish, a unique Catholic parish comprised of three distinct campuses located in East Toledo, is searching for a part-time Maintenance Technician. The maintenance technician will work as part of the maintenance team to provide effective, efficient, and safe upkeep of the parish campuses. This position reports to the Business Manager and works closely with the pastor and other staff. The Maintenance/Custodial Technician must have good communication and basic technology skills, general maintenance knowledge and problem-solving ability; should be a self-starter, conscientious and able to work independently; must be able to work outdoors under adverse weather conditions, climb ladders and stairs, stand for long periods of time, and lift and carry heavy objects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Requires general knowledge of maintenance practices and facilities upkeep.
- Operates various equipment and performs various maintenance activities within established time frames.
- Responds to emergency situations during and after hours.
- Performs daily operation and maintenance of boiler systems.
- Provides set up, teardown, and cleanup for special events, meetings, and/or other functions
- Perform other related duties as assigned by Business Manager
- Must successfully pass the required background check and all requirements of the Program for Child and Youth Protection.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and insurance.
Candidates must have the ability to respect, promote, accommodate, and not be in conflict with the mission, moral and social teachings, doctrines, and laws of the Roman Catholic faith.
Qualified candidates please submit cover letter, resume and salary expectations to:
Rev. Eric Mueller, Pastor, Epiphany of the Lord Parish, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click link to print this job posting for: Maintenance Technician